Suzi Jamil is the Owner and Director of Think Inc, the Producer of Islam & The Future of Tolerance, and a self-confessed sneakerhead.
When we last talked to Suzi on Uncommon, we discussed how her event business facilitates conversation around modern society. But, with an income stream derived mainly from ticket sales, we were curious to find out how she’s pivoted to survive and weather the COVID-19 storm.
In this episode we covered:
- COVID-19: Humanity’s scarification
- Adapting business & embracing digital
- Content supply and demand
- Australia’s future with China
- The events industry currently
Listen to the episode:
Watch the episode:
00:28 – Welcome to Uncommon
01:28 – Guest introduction
05:21 – COVID-19: Humanity’s scarification
09:51 – Noticing COVID-19 & the implications on Think Inc.
16:44 – Adapting business & embracing digital
23:44 – Content supply and demand
28:53 – Childhood home videos
30:16 – Financial lifelines
33:49 – Committing to self-care
39:49 – The events industry currently
41:48 – If Think Inc. was no more
44:05 – Australia’s future with China
52:27 – No.1 post-lockdown desire
54:45 – What’s in the fridge?
57:45 – Best purchase under $200
58:56 – Show recommendations
01:01:22 – Book recommendations
- Suzi Jamil
- Suzi on Instagram
- Suzi on Uncommon
- Think Inc.
- Dan Monheit on Uncommon
- Typhoon Hagibis
- Sean M. Carroll at Think Inc.
- Michael Mann at Think Inc.
- Peter Singer at Think Inc.
- Festival of Dangerous Ideas
- Bernard Salt on Uncommon
- Linda Monique on Ucommon
- Lifespan by David Sinclair
- Zero to One by Peter Thiel
- Nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN)
- Dr. Rhonda Patrick on Instagram
- Found My Fitness
- Peter Attia
- Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis
- The Copy Book by TASCHEN
- A Guide to the Good Life by William Braxton Irvine
- Mastering the Market Cycle by Howard S. Marks
Host – Jordan Michaelides
Executive Producer – Lauren Lopatko
Assistant Producer – Andre Barber
Audio Engineering – Jason Barkhouse
Videography – Ricards Lacis